Consider what goes down your sewer regularly. As you wash dishes, various types of grease and food particles flow down the sewer. During showers, hair, soap, and dirt find their way through your home’s plumbing system. If you neglect to clean your sink and shower drains regularly, the accumulated buildup can cause severe damage to your sewage lines and pipes. Scheduling routine drain cleaning is essential to minimise future issues and protect your home from damage.
Benefits of Frequent Sewer Cleaning
- Prolongs drain lifespan – Regular cleaning can extend the life of your drains by reducing accumulated damage over time.
- Eliminates foul odours – Drain cleaning removes trapped food particles and debris, leading to the elimination of unpleasant odours.
- Faster drainage and reduced clogs – Drains can develop obstructions over time, resulting in significant clogs. Cleaning your drains can clear these obstructions, improving drainage speed.
- Prevents expensive repairs – Regular drain maintenance helps identify and address small issues before they escalate. Whether you have ageing or overflowing pipes or pipe-damaging clogs, early detection is possible with regular maintenance.
How Often Should You Clean Your Drains
The frequency of drain cleaning depends on factors such as household size and drain usage. Smaller households may clean on an as-needed basis, while larger households might require more frequent professional drain maintenance. In general, annual maintenance is recommended. Consult a plumber in Bournemouth to determine the ideal cleaning schedule based on your usage.
Post-Professional Cleaning Maintenance After receiving professional drain cleaning, proactive steps are necessary to keep your drains running smoothly.
Follow these guidelines to maintain clear drains:
- Be cautious about what goes down the sink, toilet, and shower drain.
- Invest in a drain grate or screen.
- Check sink drain stoppers regularly for hair, soap buildup, or other debris.
- Avoid using over-the-counter chemical cleaners, as they can damage your pipes.
- Run hot water down bathroom drains weekly to clear buildup.
- Run cold water when using the garbage disposal.
Implementing these preventative measures and investing in regular drain cleaning can prevent major issues. Neglecting maintenance can lead to severe clogs, blockages, pipe damage, compromised water quality, and potential health risks.
Swift and Professional Drain Cleaning Dorset For reliable, affordable, and quality plumbing services in Dorset, turn to SOS Drainage and Plumbing. Our skilled professionals provide efficient and friendly service for all types of plumbing work, regardless of size.